Tuesday, June 16, 2009

a-ha - Manhattan Skyline

I always had a soft spot for a-ha. They sure knew how to make good videos and 'Hunting High & low' was one of the first albums I bought on vinyl rather than on tape - I believe I went halves on it with my sister Michelle as she was in love with Morten Harket.

Anway, this track was from their second album and, much like the Bucks Fizz song posted some time back, strikes me today as an odd choice for a single as it's all over the place: slow/fast, quiet/loud. You can't dance to it either - not that I've tried! Incidentally, another Norwegian band, The Kings Of Convenience, do a great acoustic cover version of 'Manhattan Skyline'.


Bonus clips: Take on Me: Literal Video Version - Ever wish songs just sang what was happening in the music video? Well now they do.


and here's a better audio version of The Kings Of Convenience cover of 'Manhattan Skyline':

No comments:

Post a Comment