Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A1 - Be The First To Believe

OK, everything I've been posting so far has been leading up to this, my most shameful secret. You see for all my love of 'challenging' music (or, as my wife calls it, stuff that sounds like someone scratching their fingers down a blackboard), I am a sucker for a great pop song, and the zenith (or nadir depending on how you look at it) is a fondness for boy bands. But not any old boy band, no siree - I gravitate towards the second-string or B-list acts. After NKOTB, the UK went boy band crazy but for every Take That, Boyzone or Westlife, there was a 911, Northern Line or Upside Down. Which brings us to A1 - named, I assume, after the vernacular for 'top class' and not the steak sauce, UK trunk road or paper size. They were slightly different to most as they mostly wrote their own stuff and this one was their first of a not particularly spectacular run of singles (which included a truly awful version of 'Take On Me'). It's poptastic though this video is cringeworthy!


Bonus Clip: A1's version of 'Take On Me'.

No comments:

Post a Comment