Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Goombay Dance Band - Seven Tears

I loved this as a kid. Why? I haven't got the foggiest clue now - it's as cheesy as a ripe old bit of stilton. Anyway, the only thing I can remember about this lot was that, much like Boney M (watch out for them coming up soon), they were German via the Caribbean. Fun Fact: this blog post makes 3 in a row for Guilty Pleasures UK No. 1s from the spring of 1982 as this was preceded by 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' and followed by 'My Camera Never Lies' - I guess 1982 has a lot to answer for...!

Bonus Clip: Another GP entrant, Adam Ant, also had a No. 1 in June 1982 with 'Goody Two Shoes', and Musical Youth hit the top of the charts on October 1982. I believe this year has by far the most entries in this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment