Monday, June 29, 2009

Transvision Vamp - I Want Your Love

My only excuse for this one is that I had an absolutely mega crush on Wendy James at the time and so I convinced myself that her group was the best thing since sliced bread - they weren't.
On retrospect, TV were a pretty good singles band (see this track, 'Baby I Don't Care', 'Tell That Girl To Shut Up' etc.) but their albums were complete pap. They split after a couple of years, Wendy had an entire album written for her by none other than Elvis Costello and is now fronting something called Racine. Ah well, this takes me back to my excitable adolescent days which I've just realised is now over 20 years ago. Sigh...


Bonus Clip: 'Tell That Girl To Shut Up' was originally written & released in 1979 by Holly & The Italians, a short-lived LA band fronted by Holly Beth Vincent, who at the time was living with one Mark Knopfler. Dire Strait's 'Romeo & Juliet' is about their breakup...

No comments:

Post a Comment